Do you make ridiculous amounts of sweet things each year at Christmas? I never have before, but this year with my sister home, mom and us girls got together for a day of butter and sugar galore. It was exhausting but quite fun.

One cookie that I have loved for quite some time but never knew how to make became an instant favorite of mine when I found out how stinking easy they are to make. Chocolate Andes Cookies. All they are is a super moist box cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil and maybe a drop of water if you need it. Bake them and then put 1/2 an Andes mint on top and swirl it around until it's melty gooey frosting. Yum....

The kiddos had fun making the pretzel rods dipped in almond bark. These are also easy peasy. The most difficult part is probably finding a bag of pretzel rods that isn't half smashed. As you can see, sprinkle placement is to be taken very seriously.

Then, of course there are the much loved cut-out cookies. These are a year round thing for us. I
posted the recipe back in October if you'd like to make some. Much to my children's relief I am becoming much less particular about having them 'just so'. I gave them free reign with the sprinkles this time around.

Here's mom making monster cookies. We also did peanut butter star cookies, but there don't seem to be any pictures of those.

So, you'd think that we have cookies coming out our ears now, right? Hmm... well my husband and children have a sugar addiction and they are mysteriously disappearing very very quickly. Both kids have thrown up at least once in the last week since we baked and Chris has complained more than once of a tummy ache. You'd think they'd learn.
4 comments:
Fun, fun!!! The kids and I made sugar cookies the other day and I gave them the frosting and the sprinkles and then I left the room. It works best if we do it that way. :)
So fun! We always bake a lot too. And *I* always eat too much. Usually it's me with the tummy ache. We just had a cookie exchange. The grocery bagful I brought home was sitting on the kitchen counter. Mitch (somewhat politely) asked me to remove it from such an easy location. Hehe...so I moved it to my sewing room! Funny, I've really been enjoying spending time in there this week for once. :) I brought the chocolate star cookies for the cookie exchange (yum), and my favorite ones I received were the Andes ones...too cool that you have the recipe!!
Oh Courtney, it's me that's eaten too many cookies around here! Ha. Ha... we also do way to much baking and all our neighbors must be too cuz we've gotten way to many goodie bags and boxes. But, it is a ton of fun, right!?!
Merry Christmas again dear friend!
Oh, and I love the pictures... your little belly is getting bigger and I can't wait to see your newest blessing!
Looks like lots of fun. So far, I've made gluten free sugar cookies (actally taste really good) and fudge. Too busy knitting :).
You are such a cute pregnant lady. Thanks for sharing the pix.
Suppose to be leaving for Rochester tomorrow for 2 Christmas celebrations, but they may not happen due to the incoming weather. We leave for Fargo on Monday.
Post a Comment