Well, after a really reaaaallly long wait at the doc we finally got in. Baby looks good, a bit smaller than the doctor would have liked, but not too much. He estimated that she's right about 2.5lbs.
Unfortunately, we also found out that my placenta is not budging. I was so SO sure that since the placenta previa was detected early (17 weeks) it would move well out of the way as my uterus grew. This isn't the case. Three months later it's still right where it was. At this point it doesn't look like I'll be having the natural delivery I really wanted. The longer the previa persists the less likely it becomes that it will resolve itself. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and did a bit of crying once we left our appointment. I am very thankful that I have been symptom free (no bleeding) since 17 weeks so my doctor hasn't put me on bed rest. I can't imagine being on bed rest over Christmas. I will definitely be getting everything done that needs doing ASAP just in case.
I covet your prayers more than ever over the next couple months. I can't remember the exact details, but I know that with both other kids I started dillating/effacing several weeks before I delivered. Normally this is just fine, but with the previa once those things start happening I would most likely begin bleeding profusely requiring immediate delivery. We really need to keep this girl in for at least another 8 weeks.
We'll continue to have regular ultrasounds with the next one scheduled for after Christmas. I'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
Oh Courtney! I'm so frustrated with you. I'll continue to pray.....
Post a Comment