January 15, 2009

Looking Good

Our appointment went very well. The placenta is WAY out of the way now, woohoo!! That means no more ultrasounds for us. It'll be weird not seeing our little lady until she gets here. I was getting used to our little bi-weekly peeks.
Doc said she is cooking right along. The fancy ultrasound machine estimates that she weighs about 5lbs 10oz. He figures she'll gain another 2lbs or so and be right around the same as the other two kiddos who were 7lbs 15oz. She's taking after their height too. Poor thing is rather apish like her daddy. :p Her little waist measures that of a 34wk baby and her long legs are more in the neighborhood of 36-37wks. Thank goodness for adjustable waist pants!! :)
Now, our goal is to keep her in there for two and a half more weeks. My doctor seems to think he can just go and skip town for a couple weeks! He's hung around this long, he's not bailing on us now, so we'll just have to wait for him.

I'm starting to get a little bit frantic like. I don't think there's anything else major we need to do to prepare for her, but I need to do something. The clothes and diapers are bought, the cradle is assembled, the car seat is installed. Unfortunately, the nesting stage hasn't kicked in. I'm all about the shopping aspects of preparing for baby, she has enough clothes to last three girls an entire year. I haven't worked up the ambition to clean out the portion of Audrey's closet that will house those clothes though. They are all washed and folded, waiting to be hung. That seems to me like a good activity for the early stages of labor. Too bad I don't know what it's like to have those stages. Both my other children practically fell out so part of me is afraid that this peanut will be entirely different and we'll jump the gun and spend eternity in a tiny hospital room when I could be at home baking a cake, cleaning closets and making sure that my legs are freshly shaven.

I'm so glad that my dear friend Tanya has agreed to be there for the birth of little miss. If we do end up sitting around in the hospital forever, at least I'll have someone to talk to while Chris takes advantage of the free cable. :)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh you won't just be sitting around if I have anything to do with it. We will be hiking up and down the hallways. :)

I'm so happy that everything looks good!!!

Maybe you could make some homemade pizzas and/or casseroles and freeze them so that you have some extra easy meals available for after baby arrives. That would be something anyway.

Sheri said...

Courtney, I am so excited for you, your family, and precious baby girl! I prayed for you this morning after reading your blog and I look forward to hearing your news! May our Heavenly Father give you great peace as you approach this very special arrival date!