January 2, 2009

Catch Up & Stash Building

Christmas Eve-Ian, Audrey, Parker & Evan

Wow, it's been a while huh? We had a great Christmas! Exhausting but wonderful. We eventually got rested up, put all the new things away, ate the leftovers and I'm now working on getting all the Christmas decorations down. All that is left is to put the big tree away. The cardboard box it came in is getting awful ratty, do they make plastic bins that are tree size? Hmm... I need to check on that.



Stash building-I've decided to take the cloth plunge. I wasn't going to, but then a gal on one of my boards had a few extra discontinued NEW NB Blueberry dipes just like these Swaddlebees. They were almost half price so I figured why not. Then, I started poking around on DiaperSwappers and ended up falling in love with Blue Penguin's SposoEasy dipes. They have amazing reviews on Diaper Pin, second only to BumGenius. They are an all-in-one, perfect for us since all we know is disposables. They have ingenius tuck in laundry tabs and they aplix version is supposed to fit a very large size range. Also, they are 100% cotton next to baby's skin, they don't get stinky, don't need stripping and have no special washing instructions. That sounds like something that even I can handle!
I'm also pretty excited to have found some Pampered Cheeks AI2s on Diaper Swappers. Still waiting to hear back from that seller, but I'd love love love to have some of Steph's dipes. :) Once my fluffy mail starts to arrive I'll be sure to share. :)

So, what are some of your favorite dipes? They have to be easy easy peasy or there's no chance we'll stick with it. Anyone tried any of the ones I mentioned?

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I'll be curious to see how you like the ones you are getting. I like the concept of AIO's, but I have yet to find one that I'm really happy with. For me, nothing beats a kissaluvs and a cover....but you already knew that. ;)

Steph T said...

Whoohoo! I can't wait to hear what you think of the dipes! :) I'd love to try some other brands, but you know, I'm kinda stuck, LOL. If the seller with the PC doesn't get back to you let me know...I happen to have one sitting here (it's pink with hemp snap-ins that are topped with pink microchamois...so not the nice cotton inners, but the best of any microfleece available)! I just made it so I could take pictures for my patterns (which are almost done). :)