January 6, 2009

A time to mourn

"Weep with those who weep."
Romans 12:15b

I've never lost a child, but many people close to me have. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like firsthand.
I doubt any of you know the John Piper family personally, but if you are like us Piper is a household name. I have been blessed time and again by John's daughter-in-law Molly. Her transparency is inspiring, she doesn't try to pass herself off as a perfect Christian, she's real. I was particularly touched by her post today. I encourage you to go read it(the link to her blog, The Pipers, is in my sidebar). Then, say a prayer not only for her and her family, but for others you know who have lost precious little ones. There's no way that pain can ever go away in this life, we can only rest in the promise that all the hurt of this world will pass away. To those of you who are missing little ones, know that my heart goes out to you.

No comments: