July 1, 2008

An Exhausting Weekend

We had a great weekend. We were in the cities all day Saturday where we spent many hours at the Minnesota Zoo. Sunday we spent the afternoon at Chris's parents and the evening at mine. Then bless my mama's heart she kept the kiddos overnight and all day Monday so I was able to spend the whole day resting.

We could not have asked for a more perfect day for the zoo. I was skeptical because it rained much of the two hour drive from our house. When we got there though it was great. A little cloudy, but dry. And I think it was only like 75, so we weren't broiling hot. The kids were real troopers. Audrey had a bit of a rude awakening, however. This was her first all day outing without a stroller. Mind you, she hasn't used one since last summer, but apparently she hasn't noticed the way we have that she's shot up like a weed and looks about 6 even though she's only 4. She ran everywhere and never complained about being tired, so I guess my baby is officially a big girl now. *sniff*

If you live in MN and have never been to the zoo, I would highly recommend it. It is SO much better than the "free zoo" It can be pretty spendy, but I always do a quick Google search before we go and find some printable admission coupons. That was able to save us a few dollars and then we always pack a picnic lunch instead of eating in the park. Aside from being frugal, it's just nice to take a break from the crowds and go outside the zoo and have a picnic.

1 comment:

Annette said...

We love both zoos! Isnt' the new Minnesota Trail awesome!?

How are you feeling? Any plans for the 4th? We will actually be at my FIL in Rochester.