We had pictures taken of the newest member of our family today. The doctor says that everything looks just perfect. Praise God!Baby was very active this morning, kicking and waving it's arms at us. It was great fun and as always, such a relief to see that little heart beating strongly. Daddy even teared up a bit. I think it became very real for him today. While I've known all too well for many weeks that I am in a pregnant state, all he has seen is that I sleep a lot and can't button my pants, lol. He wondered if the doctor's office could email a sound clip of the heartbeat so he could put it on his iPod. He was of course kidding, but I'm sure such things will be a reality some day. For now, we're more than content with our blurry little black and white images.
5 comments:
Oh Congratulations on your baby's 1st picture! How exciting Courtney!
That is so cool! It brings back some really great memories. For our 20 week ultrasound with each child, we were able to bring a blank VHS and they recorded each child for the duration of the ultrasound. I don't believe there was sound though. I really have had the baby bug lately. I think DH has as well. We are quite a bit older than you, however, and want to make sure before making anything permanent :).
Looks like baby has daddy's forehead.
Annette~
Just do it. Seriously. Now that my sister and I are all grown up, my mom says that she should have had more. Your kids are the same ages as mine and it's great. I've got built in little helpers.
Tanya~
I'm not exactly sure what that means. Does Chris have a weird forehead?? I've never noticed. He did make a comment after we left the dr that the baby has daddy's big head. He was talking about the fact that he thinks that he's hot snot though. You know, he's just gushing with humility.
So precious!
I agree--I have met quite a few people who wished they had had more children, but have never met a person who wishes they hadn't had so many (not that anyone would honestly say that out loud). Even those with "surprise" children born in their later years always express gratitude...at least after the initial shock. :)
Post a Comment