October 6, 2008

My baby is growing up


Last night we celebrated Audrey's 5th birthday(the actual day isn't until Thursday). I can't believe how fast she's growing up. We had a fun night of go kart rides, sloppy joes, presents and cake with the grandmas and the papas. I didn't take any pictures, but I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity this morning.

Among her gifts, was a saucy little flapper dress from my sister which she was quick to put on this morning. To be quite honest, she rarely wears real clothes when we are home. She far prefers fancy little dress-up numbers. She also got the Pretty Pretty Princess game. If you're not familiar with it, the objective is to get all the jewelery in your color and the crown to win the game. This is the scene on the family room floor as I type.

It's kinda scary, but Ian is actually pretty into it. He's not stupid though either and realizes that indulging his little sis in this manner is definitely not dude-like. When I asked him to smile for the camera his two conditions were that I not put it on Facebook and that I not show dad. Lucky for me, he forgot I had a blog. :) Little does he know, but if the little miss has her way dad will probably be sporting pink clip-on earrings by the end of the day as well. The things a daddy will do for his baby girl. I will be sure to have the camera handy for that.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh what sisters will do to their poor brothers. Those are great pics! So, did she succeed in getting some earrings on Chris?

Annette said...

Early birthday greetings! The pictures say what they need to say. Coming from a mom of a dd with two brothers... I completely understand. Gorgeous kids.

Sheri said...

Oh Happy Birthday miss Audrey! Looks like you had a fabulous day!!