My dad recently bought a new toy. For the grandkids he said. According to mom, however, he can be found many evenings tearing around their backyard by himself. Today he brought it up to the farm for the first time and oh boy did he and Ian have a great time!
He started off pretty timid...
...but by the end of the day, Ian was driving with the pedal to the floor the entire time whipping around the curves like a pro.
He convinced my mom to let him give her a ride and I seriously thought she was going to pee her pants. Once they got around the back side of the barn dad and I could hear her "screaming like a girl" in Ian's words.
I am pretty sad because everyone gets to ride it, everyone but me. :( I did not see anywhere on the warning labels that pregnant women couldn't ride, but my parents say no. Bummer. Next summer I'm going to be kicking up dust with the best of 'em!
3 comments:
ROFLOL...aw, come on! I went tubing while pregnant...I think...no wait, maybe not. ;)
Our Papa buys lots of "toys" too. At least he takes the kids out once in a while. :) They would LOVE to have a go cart.
I went snowmobiling while pregnant!
Looks like the kiddos had fun! I wanna ride!!!!!! I don't think my kids would ever want to quit "playing" with that toy, either!!
If you are ever driving it and you start to tip, don't stick your arm out to catch yourself, you'll break your arm. The campus we lived at in WI had those same go carts at the summer camps and SO many kids busted their arms.
I think that if I didn't have placental issues, I'd be on there in a second. The thrill of the ride is definitely not worth risking bouncing around and starting a gush that would either start labor or get me put on bed rest.
Thanks Tanya, just what every mother wants to hear! They've got a pretty good system going to prevent tipping. As long as the adult is on the inside going into the turns, there's no way it'll tip since Ian weighs right next to nothing.
Post a Comment