I haven't touched my sewing machine since about mid-June. Therefore, I really haven't set foot in the room that houses it except to maybe carry up a box of fabric that had arrived or something. This room was also supposed to be used as our school room. The plan had been that while I worked, the kids would work. Well, so far that hasn't happened. We've found that using the kitchen table works quite well for school work. That way I can be in the kitchen cleaning or cooking or doing dishes while they worked and would be accessible if they ran into a problem.
Well, I went up there today, I opened the door(it's closed all the time) and I realized that we had a situation on our hands. It seems that the kids too have been using it as a dumping ground and none of us have bothered to put anything in it's proper place. In addition, you'd be amazed how many dust bunnies move in on a hard wood floor when a room has been closed up for four months. I'm optimistic that I'm going to start sewing again. It was a nice creative outlet as well as a great source of 2nd income for our growing family. In an effort to make the room more conducive to working as well as learning, we gotta get it put back in order. I'm going to need your help. I need some accountability. I'm swallowing my pride and humbly posting pictures of the disaster that we are about to tackle. I'm hoping that this will be the kick in the pants the kids and I need to get things done. So, here goes.... I'll let you know when it's done.
Considering I can't even SEE my machine on that there desk, it's apparent that she's been severely neglected. Hold on Bernie, I'm coming for you!
4 comments:
Okay, after reading your description, I was expecting a major disaster area but it doesn't look bad at all. You can still see the floors, so you are doing pretty good. And most the fabric looks folded.....again, that's pretty good.
Are you planning on having the room back to your liking before the baby is born?
One more thing to be ubber thankful for -- you actually HAVE separate room for sewing! My stuff looks just as, well, *situational* as yours (probably more so!) and it's all in my dining room -- which is also my computer room and my school room....
Maybe when you post your *I got it done!* pictures it will motivate me to work on mine! :)
~kjl
LOL...I can't wait to see the "after" pics! Plus some new beautiful creation you come up with!! :)
I never thought about all those pretty good things, Tanya. I guess I'm not as bad off as I could be then, huh? As for having it done by Feb, I was hoping for done by the end of the week, lol!
Oh Kristin, I am SOOO thankful for this room!! It is the oldest in the house(200ish years)that had never been renovated at all. The first part of the year we patched gaping holes in the plaster and tore up toxin laden linoleum and painted the hard wood to make it usable. Before I had this my machine was in my room. That was tough. Since I use so much chenille in my sewing, it's a real mess and having all that chenille dust and general chaos contained now is a huge plus!
Post a Comment