October 25, 2008

Oct 31st - what do you do?

I put a poll in the sidebar just to see where you all stand on the whole Halloween thing. I know people all across the board, some who think that Halloween is nothing more than innocent fun and games, others who think it's akin to having a seance and sacrificing animals. Without imposing my thoughts or opinions, where are you at? Vote in the sidebar. As always, your vote is completely anonymous. So all you who have NEVER SAID A WORD (but I know you're here because of my handy dandy sitemeter) - go vote! :)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'll even tell you how I voted :) It's just another day in our house. Although, we do occasionally head two doors down to visit a couple that LOVES to see how the kids have grown -- and of course they give the kids candy :) We don't dress up though.

Just thought I'd elaborate :)

Tanya said...

We have done different stuff every year. One year we thought we would go trick-or-treating to all of our friend's homes in town. Well, they ALL had their lights turned off and were hiding or something. So, scratch that idea.

We have ignored it and gone all out. I think we have settled on a happy medium though......now we dress up and go to my gramma's house and she gives them snacks and treats, then we go to my MIL's house and we play games and goof off.

Sheri said...

Tony and I have prayed about this topic and have chose to do what my parents did for me growing up... the past two years we have taken the girls to a "Harvest Party" at our church. They have been able to dress up as Bible characters, play games, and get a bit of candy.

My prayer is that I would be able to fill their minds with all the beautiful things about the Fall Season (avoiding anything related to “Halloween”). There are so many other fun things to do right now with pumpkins, apples, leaves, etc. etc. God is so good!