
Our first year gardening is going pretty well. We've learned a lot. We'll likely do a number of things differently next year, but as a test run I think it's going splendidly. Presently we have cucumbers coming out our ears. I love them plain, fresh from the garden. On sandwiches, salads or all alone. One of my husbands favorites is Creamy Cucumbers. They are quick, ridiculously easy and very yummy.
Creamy Cucumbers & Onions
1 1/2 C Mayonnaise(we like Hain Safflower Mayonaise)
1/2 C Sucanat (or your sugar of choice)
1/3 C Vinegar
3 Medium Cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 Large Onion, sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix up the mayo, sugar, salt & pepper. Add vinegar. Blend thoroughly. Put your cucumbers and onions in a container and pour the marinade over it. Put the lid on and shake it a bit to distribute all the saucy stuff. Refrigerate overnight before eating. As you eat the veggies you can just keep adding more to the dressing.
2 comments:
Very cool pix! I too love cucumbers. I need to do some research on having a small, boxed in garden next year. The neighbors probably won't like the looks of it... but too bad. I grew up on fresh summer veggies each year.
Thanks for sharing.
Sounds yummy Courtney!
Post a Comment