August 27, 2008

16 down 24 to go

Don't babies take positively forever? Audrey prays every night that the baby would grow big and strong and be safe and come out when it's all done cookin'. Oh, from the mouths of babes! :) I'm truly surprised that at her age she hasn't entirely given up on it ever coming out.

I had my 16 week appointment today and all is well. The heartbeat has been right around 150. Nurse Lu (my mom) says that's a girl. So far both of my kids have been pretty true to the boys have low heart rates, girls have high superstition. Do y'all find that it's been true for your kids?? Either way, we find out in three weeks what this little monkey is. I can't WAIT! If it's a boy, we have some serious thinking to do on names. We've had a girl name chosen from day one, but boys are a little more difficult for us. Especially since we have this whole vowel thing going on. Opie just isn't an option, for sure not given the possibility of a redhead. :)

Here's a view from the outside(please ignore the no makeup, hair undone look-I'm in dreadful need of a cut).
I've got a pretty sizable bump going on, but at this point, I just feel like a fat cow and it doesn't help when we talk about the baby and people are like 'oh, we didn't know you were expecting'. Don't ever say that to a gal in this awful in between fat and pregnant stage. It's just mean I tell ya.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Lookin' good Courtney!!!! Yes, I agree.....Opie is not an option.

Steph T said...

Nawwww...you look great!

Better get some boy names looked up...ours (5 boys 1 girl) all had the same heart rates, with the boys being right around that 150 range--especially with the last couple boys--just to get their momma's hopes up that maybe I'd get another girl! LOL

Just to be on the safe side you know. Besides, if you have both a boy name and a girl name that you love, you will win either way! (not that you wouldn't...but do I make ANY sense at all?? Oh boy!)

Courtney said...

Thanks girls!

I'm hoping we run across a boy name that we love. I like the uncommon but not completely absurd.

Steph~I do kind of have my hopes up that it's a girl. Maybe that's terrible. Don't get me wrong, we'll be thrilled either way! A girl would be easier as far as room sharing as Ian is too old to have to start sharing with a baby. Plus, all the boy stuff I have will be eight years old so we'd probably need to buy lots of new stuff.