We have been anxiously watching the Olympics every night here on the farm. I must say that I've never cared for much besides the gymnastics, but all this Michael Phelps buzz has me quite riveted. Never far from my thoughts is the persecution that plagues Christians in China and really just the Chinese people in general. I was saddened the other night when one of the Chinese gymnasts was competing and the commentator said that she was taken from her home at age three, plucked out by the government, to be groomed for the purpose of being a gymnast. It breaks my heart. Honestly, I wonder why people in such places bring children into that kind of oppression. It has been a big reminder to pray though.
Mark Altrogge over at The Blazing Center has an excellent post today on specific ways to pray for persecuted saints, of which there are many in China. So head on other there and don't forget to thank the Lord for the freedoms and blessings that we tend to take for granted as Americans.
No comments:
Post a Comment