So, we've gone two weeks now(aren't you proud mom, I haven't quit!). I can honestly say I'm loving it. Really really loving it. I actually feel bad putting a sposie on her little tush when we leave the house or at bedtime. I'm almost ready to start doing cloth at night. I don't know what I'm afraid of, we've had a total of two blowouts in Elle's 4.5 weeks of life and BOTH of them were with a disposable. The only time I had leakage with cloth was when I used a dipe that really didn't fit her in the first place. It was a Blueberry pocket and I quickly decided that I despise pockets and sold all of them(for more than I paid for them :D). As for going away, as soon as I get a zippered wetbag, I'll jump into that wholeheartedly.
So... here's what we've tried....
XS SposoEasy AIOs
NB Nana's Bottoms AIOs
NB Blueberry Pockets
NB Nanipoo Fitteds(that's what she's wearing in the picture above) w/XS Thirsties Covers
Orange Edge GMD Snappied Prefolds w/XS Bummies Super Brite Covers
*The pockets were a no go, so they don't live here anymore.
*The Nanipoos work well, but I'm just not really feeling the fitted thing. It's just a shame to have to cover them. I'll probably trade them off for more AIOs.
*Still loving the fit and look of the SposoEasy. My only gripe is that I'm having a hard time keeping the cotton inners looking nice. I'm sure it's my fault, not the diaper, but it bugs me.
*Nana's Bottoms may be my new love. They are fairly cheap. They fit really well and they are very trim. I also like they they are made by a work at home grama and I can choose my fabrics and prints. She's a super nice gal too. Very patient with my dumb newbie questions about which fabrics are best. When I sell the fitteds I will likely buy more Nana's Bottoms.
*The prefolds are a slight pain with the Snappi and whatnot, but I'm always up for a challenge, so I keep using them for some reason. I have yet to perfect a fold that holds in the BF poo so we go through a lot of covers, but I'm getting better. These are also nice while since I'm still trying to perfect my washing routine and if I stain them terribly we're not out much money.
So, that's where we are in our adventures in cloth. :)
5 comments:
Hey! Way to go with the cloth diapers! I wish I could say I was doing as well... I'd be willing to "sell" you one of my zippered wetbags for the cost of shipping. If you're interested, let me know!
Yay!! Way to go, girl!
I don't like pocket diapers, either.
As for the night-time....just go for it. You can do it. What's the worst that could happen? Big leakage and you have to wash an outfit and a blanket and a baby. Oh well. That happens with disposables, too.
I used cloth dipes when we were out and about before I ever had a wetbag. I just put the dirty dipe in a plastic grocery bag and tied it. Worked great.
So glad you are enjoying the dipe adventure! It's so worth it!
Oh Courtney, she's so cute and tiny! Ah, give her a kiss from me!
I just have to laugh. Someday, Ellenie will be a teenager and we will talk about these days of her being a diaper model. But seriously, way to go on the cloth diapers. These are a lot more fun than the ones with pins. Maybe someday, you'll actually let me change her. :)
Post a Comment