March 3, 2009

First Fluff



Elle's cord just fell off, so yesterday was our first day using cloth diapers. A lot of the smalls we have are way too big, especially around her itty bitty legs, but the XS SposoEasy fits great. It did a super job of holding in her runny BF poo, no leaks at all. Yay!!
Since we only have a handful of the XSs, after I put her in a sposie for bed last night(I'm not brave enough for nighttime cloth), I washed all the cloth so they'd be ready to use today. That didn't go so well. I don't know what I did wrong. The whole thing about BF poo dissolving in the wash... it didn't. I did a cold rinse first and then washed in hot with Crunchy Clean and they are still dirty. I'm thinking that the Crunchy Clean just didn't have enough oomf, so I'm in the process of rewashing right now with regular laundry detergent. A lot of folks swear by Tide for their cloth. I hate buying Tide because it's so gosh darn expensive, but I may have to go that route.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Glad you aren't having any leaks around the legs!

Some BF poop just stains and won't come out no matter what kind of detergent you use.....especially if you have hard water. But just because there is a stain there, doesn't mean it's not clean.

In my experience, the more absorbent the dipe, the easier it stains. If you really want that stain out, you could rub some of your homemade soap on the stained spot and scrub it by hand. I've done that....it's a lot cheaper than Tide and a lot less chemicals.