November 26, 2008

What's your favorite part?


Thanksgiving is here. What do you enjoy most about this holiday? Anything goes whether it's a favorite dish, watching the parade on tv, a particular tradition, shopping the next day or anything else.
I enjoy just being with family. There are no presents to buy, we simply get to be. Don't get me wrong, pumpkin pie with a generous dollop of Cool Whip is pretty darn high up on that list too. :)

I love that preparing for Thanksgiving forces me to focus on the tremendous blessings that God has seen fit to provide. Whether things are good and provisions are plenty or not, the fact that God loves us as at all is cause for great celebration.
I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.
Psalm 86:12

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I like watching my hubby's eyes roll into the back of his head when he takes that first bite of home-baked pumpkin pie.

And I like being with the fam.

Steph T said...

It's so hard to say. Thanksgiving IS my favorite holiday. For me it is the opportunity to give thanks in the presence of friends and family. And the food...turkey and stuffing and gravy...ohhhhh I think I'm going to have to go warm up a plate of leftovers right now!!