This year was no exception, harvest was long and tiring. And that's from my perspective and I didn't lift a finger! I'm so glad for Chris's sake that he can finally be in by supper each and every night and sleep in bed rather than naps in the tractor. The kids have also suffered from his absence. It's interesting how they act up more without dad around. When he has been in the house he's nearly dead of exhaustion and they positively beg for his attention. It will be so good for everyone to have life return to normal.
That makes me think of another person near and dear to me who is much more without her husband than I. My little sister. Her and the boys are preparing for a holiday season without daddy. To make matters even more trying, he headed out from the base where he is stationed in the "sandbox" today to do some building projects elsewhere. This means that the everyday phone calls and emails will come to a halt for a time. I can't imagine. Having that unknown is so so scary. Please keep Zach in your prayers as it seems that travel over there is where the most danger is found. Also for Kelsey and the boys. They will be leaving SD on Tuesday morning to head home to Iowa through the first of the year. We are so excited to have them nearby for the next month. Hopefully it will ease their loneliness a little by being close to grandparents and cousins for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
3 comments:
Yay!!!! Chris is done!!! Woohoo!!!!
Your sister has been in my prayers, and will continue to be, as have two of my cousins and a few of my friends who have hubbies or sons in Iraq.
So glad all went well with harvest. My heart breaks for your sis. I pray Zach is safe and quickly home.
Yippi! How wonderful that harvest is done and you will have more time with your sweetheart!
And, I will keep your sister, husband, and boys in my prayers... We have had plenty of holidays without Tony and it's very hard. But, as always GOD IS GOOD!
Hugs, Love, and Thanksgiving blessings to your precious family Courtney!
Post a Comment