September 5, 2008

School Time!!


Honestly, I was reluctant to start school this year. Last year we only home schooled one child, 1/2 time and it was a chore. This year it's two, full time. I had to beg and plead and sometimes threaten Ian to do his assignments before, not so now! After much deliberation, I think we made a terrific choice in curriculum. I couldn't be happier with Heart of Dakota and the kids agree!!

In fact, Ian likes "doing school" so much that he was up at dawn this morning waiting patiently for me to get up so we could get to work. I managed to convince him that maybe we could like eat breakfast first. So, we compromised and I promised we'd start at 8:00. Which means, I best be on my way. We've got lots to do today, our first co-op field trip is at noon today and then the young families group at church is having a cook-out tonight. Fun times, y'all!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Love it!!!!

Annette said...

Very sweet. Don't you love it when the want to learn!?

It's been quite the week of trying somewhat to get into a routine. Very difficult, but I do feel really good about what we accomplished our first week (well, actually only about 2 1/2 days). I met very little resistence as well and that's definately a bonus. I didn't get Kindergarten started for Isaiah until 3 pm today... but hey, we did it and he did great.