September 9, 2008

A MUST Try Recipe


We had the most heavenly delicious pasta for supper last night. It was a new recipe for me and it turned out PERFECTLY! I am a die hard Olive Garden girl, but I can honestly say, "Move over Olive Garden!" I snagged this most perfect penne with shrimp and tomato cream sauce from the Pioneer Woman blog. If you've never been to the P-Dub's blog, then you are really missing out. I think that about half the population of the world reads her daily, and for good reason. She has a bagillion amazing recipes. You MUST try some of them. Especially the Penne al la Betsey, which is what we had... it is bliss!

I did make a handful of modifications, but nothing major. I used frozen cooked shrimp because I'm too lazy to buy raw and cook it. Ummm.. lets see... I didn't put any onion in it. Only because it was raining and I didn't feel like going and pulling one out of the garden. And I didn't use any parsley because we don't have parsley. I also opted for the chicken broth rather than white wine because we don't drink wine and I wasn't gonna buy a whole bottle for 1/2 cup worth.

Now, if anyone has the secret to perfect Olive Garden breadsticks, my life will be complete. :)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I like recipe. I'm a regular at her website. The Marlboro Man Sandwich is a fave around here, oh and so is the tomato soup, and one of her girly sandwiches, and......so many of them!

I showed her apple dessert recipe to Teya and she made it. It was so yummy and easy!