
Last night, the baby HAD to have french fries. I very rarely have cravings, so I decided to go with it since we did happen to have some fries in the freezer and what's a little indulgence going to hurt? Well, long story short, it went very very badly.
I have no idea what happened, but when I went to lift my pizza stone covered in french fries from the oven, the potholder or something slipped. Fries were raining down from the sky, ruined. That's not the worst part though. I managed to drop the piping hot stone on my foot. I'm pretty sure my pinky toe is broken. As it was careening to the floor, the metal holder thingy for the stone whipped around and burned the side of my hand. They both hurt. Bad. Real, real bad. Being the tough macho mama I am, I fell to the kitchen floor writhing in agony crying like a baby. That scared Ian and he started crying too quite sure that I was dying (I was, y'all). As Ian tried to pull himself together and was doing anything he could think of to help, getting a cold rag to put on the burn, ice for my foot, etc Audrey ran out in the back yard screaming at the top of her lungs, "CALL 9-0-1-1!!!, GET THE POLICE!!" Yah, we'll have to work on that emergency dialing. Chris was still doing chores, but he happened to be outside the barn so he came running up to the house I'm sure thinking that I was really dying. After assessing the situation, he was fixin' to take me to the emergency room. For a broken toe. I knew that this was an insane waste of time and money becuase they do NOTHING for broken toes. He didn't belive me so I made him call Nurse Lu (my mama) to verify. Of course I was right.
So, I spent the duration of the evening loaded up with Tylenol, lying on the couch with my poor enormous black nasty toe propped up on pillows with ice and my hand wrapped in a cold rag(watching the RNC-which was GREAT!!). The most precious moment during all this drama, my dear Audi. This is what she asked her daddy with a look of grave concern when he came running in....
"Daddy, are we gonna have to put mama down?"
3 comments:
What, no pic of your toe??? ;)
Hahaha......that is hilarious that Audrey said that!!!! Oh my word.
I'm sorry you got hurt.....I did something terribly stupid that resulted in burning my palm, but I don't think I'll be blogging about it.
I actually did take a picture of it, but my feet are not really very attractive. French fries are much prettier. :)
Ahaha...I'm sorry, it's not funny that you hurt yourself, but that last bit was adorable!
I hope your toe feels better!
(Stumbled in from Making Home; noticed you live in Minnesota, me too!)
Post a Comment