June 6, 2008

Vacation Here I Come!

I'm headed off for the next week ALL.BY.MY.SELF! No kids, no husband, no responsibilities. I'm not sure how I'll handle it! My mom asked if she could take the kids for the week and this chica needs some cheering up so I'm headed out to love on these two cutie patuties -


I know that we're going to have loads of fun and I'm very excited for all but the drive. I'm certain that the drive across the state of South Dakota is the worst thing imaginable. Really. I think that most people are delusional when it comes to South Dakota. They think, oh the Black Hills are so beautiful and the Badlands, what lovely landscape. HA! You want beautiful landscape, come to Minnesota! :) So, I will be arming myself with the iPod plumb full of listening goodness and lots of Diet Coke and hopefully I'll stay alert and arrive quickly and safely.



Perhaps more than my worry about the drive, is the worry I have for this guy. Seriously. Who's going to feed him? And pick up after him?







Or, another question on my mind,
what if he transforms this:








Into THIS!

















(borrowed image)


Oy... I suppose I will have to do my best not to worry and just kick back and enjoy the relaxation.

See you all next week!! :)

3 comments:

Steph T said...

LOL...GREAT dirty kitchen picture!! Ok, seriously, my kitchen looks like on a regular basis. Sort of. =P Just today I was actually out running errands and allowed myself to daydream that all the houses I was driving past were immaculately clean and peaceful and ready for some serious weekend relaxation. Sigh... :) Enjoy your trip!

Annette said...

Courtney...

Have fun! I can totally understand the drive across South Dakota, because seriously, the only thing worse is the drive across North Dakota.
But as I grow older and grow in my faith and fondness of memories, those drives become better.

Enjoy your time. Give a shout when you return.

Tanya said...

Have a great time! Driving across most of Nebraska is pretty unbearable, too.