June 20, 2008

An Interesting Read.....

I've seen several references to this article in the past couple of days, and it's definitely worth the read. It's interesting to see why they dislike us.

In reference to home educators....

Just as the jealous Chaldeans schemed to bring the wrath of the king upon the Hebrew eunuchs, we are happy to sic the state’s bureaucrats on these “trouble makers.” Their implicit rejection of America’s most venerated idol, Materialism, (a.k.a. “Individualism”) spurs us to heat the furnace and feed the lions.

You can read the article by Sonny Scott here -
http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=274594&pub=1&div=Opinion


2 comments:

Annette said...

Hey Courtney...

I off to little league, but wanted to check in. Hope you are feeling well.

I finally, wrote my first blog post. Here it is...

http://isamom.blogspot.com/

Annette said...

Stopping to say "hi". I'm so excited to share that Grace Church now has a new senior pastor. Not sure you are aware of what we've been through over the past several years. I've never been so excited about what the Lord is about to do with our church. He's a young guy with a youngish family. They are coming from Florida.

My DH is on his way to Rochester and then Albert Lea today for business.

You haven't updated for awhile, so I just wanted to wish you a good day.