One of my cousins just had a baby. Her third in as many years. She's a BUSY girl. This one was her first boy. I wanted to make something for the new little bugger, but I don't have a clue how to make any boy articles of clothing, so I set out for one of
my favorite kid clothes shops armed with coupons. Here's what I found....

Now how stinking cute is that?! Guess what I paid for it.... $2.00. Yup, talk about a bargain, ay? I knew when I saw it that it would go absolutely perfectly with some goldfish fabric I had been saving in my stash. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the fish have names like Goldie, Robert, Bubbles, Bjorn, Malcom, Swimmie and Whit. It's pretty cute.

So... I whipped up a couple of these for the big sisters....

I love this pattern. I bought it from
this gal and it's so versatile. The dress in the picture will fit a 3t now and I tried it on my tall thin Audrey who wears a size 5 and it's a super cute top on her. So hopefully they'll be able to get two or three summer's out of these. And of course, they'll each get a big ol' bow because they live in Texas and every good southern girl has a bow to match her outfits. :)
I think the three of them will look darn cute in their new outfits. What do y'all think?
2 comments:
I think you are so talented you could have made that boy outfit!! :) Of course, for $2, though, it would be hard to beat. :)
Diapers are easy...those dresses, wow!
Aww... that's so sweet Steph! I don't think I could have made it for $2 though! And as for dipes, you are super talented, girl. I just scratch my head when thinking about the mechanics of making a dipe that would fit a kid AND hold poo, lol!
Post a Comment