First off is a custom order for a little girl's apron I did for the shop. I absolutely love this fabric combination. It is Amy Butler's Olive Acanthus paired with her Lime Full Moon Dots. The polka dot ribbon I used for the neck tie couldn't be a more perfect match.
The same gal requested a purse for her little girl in the Olive Acanthus. I don't make many purses, but I had recently made up a little tote for my mom for Mother's Day. She wanted a little handbag for church that was just big enough for her pretty pink Thinline ESV Bible and a notebook. I loved how it turned out so I duplicated it in the fabrics this particular customer chose.
I think it's darn cute, I may have to make one for myself. : )
Then, since I was clearly on a roll with these fabrics I decided to try something new. You know those covered button ponytail doo-dads that are all the rage these days? Well, I had the covered buttons already so I decided why not. They are so stinkin' easy, y'all! I loved it. I see lots of covered buttons in my near crafty future.
Okay, now it's your turn to share, what's everyone making these days??
5 comments:
Hey Courtney... it's me.
LOVE your new items! Very, very cute. I've done almost every craft imaginable. I used to quilt quite a bit, but since having kids, that's not happened. It doesn't relax me. I do enjoy knitting and usually make a ton of Christmas gifts for violin teachers, etc. I usually do something simple like a scarf with funky yarns, but have done other things as well.
Currently, the only crafting I'm doing is making lapbooks with my kids. We all have high hopes to do several over the summer... we shall see.
For my free time right now, I'm doing a lot of reading.
I try to be as creative as I can in the kitchen. My two sons as well as myself have celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disease. We have to be on a very strick gluten free diet. I make all our breads, buns, pizza crusts, sweets, etc. I'm trying to get more creative with different flours that are available.
We had our last history coop (approx. 20 kids) this morning. We have been studying the pioneers for the last 4 months. It has been a real fun time for the kids and they have done so much to get a feel for what the pioneers may have experienced. We've done Indian trades, a pioneer cookout with beans, Johnny cakes and bacon, and a buffalo roundup. Our closing cerimony is Friday night where the kids will dress up as pioneers and we are going to a local outdoor center on a lake in Eden Prairie. My oldest, will also be spending the day tomorrow in an original one room schoolhouse with other homeschoolers. They will dress up as pioneers and bring their lunches in tin pails. I think they do such things as a spelling bee, math on the chalkboard, etc.
Well, enough for now. Thanks for sharing our darling craft items.
Wow...I'm impressed and also depressed because I could never do that. That's what Target is for I guess..just kidding. If I could, I definitely would. I love your layout too. You are one of those really cute people aren't you that everyone just loves to be around cuz your so crafty? I didn't like girls like you in high school. But thankfully this isn't high school and now I can admire you.
You're too funny! No, I was NOT one of THOSE girls, so you don't have to hate me. :)
Can you keep a secret?? I JUST taught myself to sew about a couple years ago. I was going through a crisis and it was a good distraction. I'm sure that the way I go about things would make an actual seamstress cringe, I probably break every single sewing rule. Oh well, it's all good in the end, lol!
I don't hate you. I was teasing. It's cool you learned to do that. There are so many things I wish I could do well, but I just fumble through it all. One of them is gardening. I can sew a button, but thats about it! I really have tried though. My MIL bought me a sewing machine, but it had AIDS. The needle kept falling out of it. It was driving me crazy. I did sew a blanket, by hand, but really..how hard is that? I could never make a dress or a purse. I can't even cook that well. But thankfully, I don't live in the 1800s because my kids would be running around naked or with fig leaves on! Iy. Anyway, so cool you taught yourself. Someday I'll teach myself things..like how to play a guitar for one! But for now, I'll just envy people like you who can do it. LOL. Great blog!
Courtney---
If I buy some, will you teach me to sew? Those are ADORABLE!
Post a Comment