I always worry about leaving Chris for extended periods like this. I know he won't starve to death, but I'm so used to feeding him lunch and supper every.single.day. that I can't help but make sure that there is a clear menu plan posted and everything is labeled in the fridge/freezer so he knows when things need to be eaten and how they need to be cooked/reheated. Is that dumb of me? I think what I'm actually worried about is that if I don't do the aforementioned, he'll think, "hmm.. there's nothing to eat.. I better go get pizza.. or go through the Dairy Queen(that's the only fast food we have within a 30 minute drive)... or {gasp} buy a loaf of bread at the store".
Whatever, the reasoning, I've made:
- 4 loaves of bread
- 2 pans of lasagna(1 for me to take to my parent's hourse)
- a chicken is in the crockpot waiting to be shredded and made into:
- chicken and cheese burritos and
- a BBQ chicken pizza to freeze
{Begin Rabbit Trail} Speaking of quick and easy, one of Chris's favorite snacks to grab during the day is homemade bread with honey on it. We had been getting local honey at the food co-op, but recently they started getting it from a new bee keeper and it was.. different. It was ridiculously thick and hard to manage. So, when Tropical Traditions had their free shipping day a couple weeks ago I thought we'd give their raw honey a try. Lo, and behold, the day after I ordered, I WON a free jar on a blog giveaway I entered. Now we have two jars of the most delicious honey I've ever tasted in all my life. It is SO.GOOD! I've added it to the list of Tropical Traditions products we use and love. {... where was I again...}
Oh yes... I've been busy, busy today. All so we can go stay at my mom's. She has so graciously agreed to watch all three kids while I fulfill something I've wanted to do for many years. I will be taking the courses necessary to receive my National Child Passenger Safety Certification. As dorky as it sounds, I'm over the moon excited to become a certified technician. I'm anxious to put my endless hours of research to work and hope to help keep lots of kiddos safe by being available to do seat checks and clinics.
I am, however, a bit nervous about being away from my kids for nine hours, four days in a row. Elle is still nursing every couple hours, so even though I'll be able to meet her needs in that regard on my lunch break each day it will be challenging for both of us I'm sure. If you think about it in the next couple days, please say a quick prayer that all the kids would be good for my mom, that Elle wouldn't miss her mama too terribly, and that I umm.. won't explode or spring an untimely leak. ;)
I hope you all have a great week!
4 comments:
Your dad is excited to hear that Lasagna is coming to our house!! Try not to worry about Elle....we'll do just fine. :)
Drive carefully here and watch out for the deer!!
Ohhhh--I hope you have a great time!! Wear some good nursing pads. ;) Chris is such a lucky guy. I don't plan like that at.all. I'm so excited to get to leave, I'm like, "Yah...see ya later...they're gonna feed me good at the hospital!" (Cause that's the only place I go without my family, LOL). Ok, I'm just kidding. But only a little. I make a menu, buy the food, and that's it. Nothing so yummy as yours! :)
Yay for fulfilling that dream! You will do great! Elle will be fine, I'm sure.
And yes, Chris is a lucky guy. I wouldn't do that for Joel. I'd ask him if he would like me to make food and he would say, "Nope, I'll just get a bunch of meat and grill at every meal." Sigh.
Yay! So, you'll check my carseats for me then?? ")
I second Steph's suggestion for the nursing pads. I've never gone wrong wearing my homemade (Steph's pattern) pads. -- You'll just have to figure out how to do the "pressure squeeze" to end the let down in a way that doesn't draw a lot of attention. LOL
Post a Comment