March 1, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

I'm going to try posting our weekly meal plans on here. I do always make a plan, whether or not I follow it is a whole different story. Our problem tends to be that three nights of the week we have to be somewhere so supper has to be practically inhaled. Due to that, you may notice that our lunches are sometimes more involved. Since our family eats together for lunch and supper each day, this works for us. Having my plan posted will hopefully help me keep to it a bit better. Also, people often ask me what it is we eat, or think that we eat weird stuff so this will perhaps help you see that you absolutely can feed your family easy, nutritious, and delicious meals. Also, we have a spinach salad and veggies with almost every meal but I'm not going to type all that, it's just assumed.

If you struggle with menu planning, I am probably not the one to help you, but my friend Tanya has some great menu planning tips on her blog, Household Cents. I really need to use her notebook idea. It would save a lot of hassle!

Sunday
Lunch: Lasagna and fresh veggies for church fellowship dinner
Supper: Burgers and Black Pepper Parmesan Lime Oven Fries

Monday
Lunch: Leftovers
Supper: Beef Enchiladas

Tuesday
Lunch: BBQ Chicken Pizza (w/homemade BBQ sauce)
Supper: Soup and Salad (we have a freezer full of soup from an exchange I did so I don't know what kind I'll choose yet)

Wednesday
Lunch: Leftovers
Supper: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Thursday
Lunch: Garlic Chicken Pasta
Supper: Cheesy Taco Rice Bake (I add additional spices not called for in the recipe to make it "taco")

Friday
Lunch: Parmesan Chicken & Rice The kids ended up going to a playdate and I spent the day out with my mom.
Supper: Soaked Pancakes & Eggs We were invited to have supper with my parents at their house.

Saturday
Lunch: Leftovers
Supper: Meatloaf Parmesan Chicken & Rice

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm hungry now.

Sheri said...

Mmmm the garlic chicken pasta sounds yummy!!