February 26, 2010

Some Help On Our Journey

Sue Gregg's Baked Parmesan Chicken

One day soon I'm going to share with how we're doing on our whole foods journey, the steps we've made, the struggles we still face, what exactly "real" food means, and so on. For now though, I just wanted to share with you a series of recipes that have become real staples in our home. They are super easy, super delicious, very nutritious, and they all come from Sue Gregg's website.

I first heard of Sue Gregg from a woman at my church. She has the entire set of cookbooks and curriculum that will no doubt be wonderful once my girls get a bit older and we are doing more formal home ec studies. I haven't yet splurged on the books myself, but Sue has eight delicious recipes on her website that I use over and over again.

One of my favorite things about these recipes is the way they are laid out. She takes you step by step through what to do with pictures. It doesn't get any easier than this folks. That is so important to a newbie starting out with traditional methods of cooking. For example, I was totally confused by the concept of soaking grains before using them until I read and saw how soaking works. Thank you, Sue Gregg!

Now, head on over to the Sue Gregg website, wander around for a bit. If you'd like(this is what I did), take this quick survey and then you can download an ebook with all the free recipes. The booklet has some extra stuff too.

Be sure you try the Blender Batter Pancakes. Oh my goodness, they are delicious. I use buckwheat and oats soaked in kefir for mine. We eat them topped with cinnamon baked apples. Mmm.... :)

4 comments:

Jestti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya said...

My family loves those blender pancakes......yummmmm......

(Sorry, that deleted comment above was me.)

Steph T said...

My hubby is drooling...but not me. I am SO not a healthy foods type person. Think there's any hope at all for me?? :)

Sheri said...

Thanks for the great info Courtney!! I just purchased a book by Sue Gregg and Emeli Barnes (I think) and I'm looking forward to reading it! Yummy recipes too. =)