February 11, 2010

Amanda and her Pork & Sweet Potato Stew

Recently I participated in a soup swap. One of the soups I received was Pork and Sweet Potato Stew. My family absolutely LOVES it so I wanted to share the recipe with you all. First though, I wanted to tell you about the amazing woman who introduced us to this deliciousness in a bowl. Her name is Amanda and her talents definitely don't end in the kitchen!!

She is an incredibly gifted photographer. She took this shot of my dear friend's little guy this summer.


She's also a seamstress. Her new Etsy shop is darling, you must check it out! I especially love her felt applique bags.


Amanda is making a special dance bag for Audrey. I can't wait to see it, I'll be sure to share it with you once I get it. :)

Now, on to her soup. You must try it!!

Mexican Pork and Sweet Potato Stew

1 1/4 lbs pork loin, cooked and shredded
1 1/2 C chicken broth
1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 C water
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 C chopped onion
1 C corn
1 1/2 C salsa
sour cream(optional)
cilantro(optional)

Put all ingredients except pork, corn, and salsa in your crockpot. Cook on high until the potatoes are tender. Then, add in corn, salsa and shredded pork. Simmer until heated through. Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.

As you can see, even the most discriminating of eaters thought this was the best stuff ever. :)

6 comments:

Jestti said...

That sounds YUMMY! I'll definitely be trying that out.

Steph T said...

Ahhh...felt applique...that reminds me. Patrick's parents sent over a package of wool slippers as well as a big pack of felt to applique the slippers with. The slippers look like this (http://www.tobiasmayer.com/birk_style.php?S_ID=2935&Image=631047-537sk.gif&IC=). I am SO not up to this challenge, LOL. Thoughts of doing applique makes me cringe. :) The bags look gorgeous...SHE should do my slippers for me. :)

Autumn said...

Oooh, what a cute little guy! :)

Sheri said...

Courtney, this sounds yummy! Our family doesn't eat pork; do you think it would taste good with shredded chicken instead?

Courtney said...

Sheri-I agree with what Amanda said. It's not the meat that makes it so yummy, it's everything else. I was actually thinking of trying it with chicken myself. We don't really eat much pork either.

Teya said...

Messy baby!!!!