
I looooove coconut. I have for as long as I can remember. When I discovered the benefits of including coconut in your diet and the Tropical Traditions company I was hooked instantly! They are a wonderful small business owned by a Christian couple, they carry good products and have stellar customer service. We have tried many of their products and have loved everything so far! Here are some of the items from Tropical Traditions that we use in our home:
- Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - I use this for everything from baking to popping popcorn, it's great stuff!
- Organic Coconut Flour - As I've posted before, this makes wonderful gluten free cakes and brownies!
- Coconut Cream Concentrate - Sit tight for a review below!
- Organic Fruit Spreads - Chris LOVES these. Our current favorite is the Sour Cherry. Mmmm...
- Organic Yellow Mustard - This is by far the best mustard I've ever tasted.
- Organic Dark Chocolate - Rarely can I resist adding a bar of chocolate to my order.
- Organic Liquid Coconut Oil Soap - Great stuff, I really like the foaming pump and the unscented truly is unscented, which is nice.
- Organic Raw Honey - Without contest, the best honey I've ever tasted!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recently Tropical Traditions sent me a jar of their Coconut Cream Concentrate to review. I had never even heard of such a thing before finding Tropical Traditions and I was anxious to try it. If you, like me, have no idea what you'd do with a big jar of Coconut Cream Concentrate, you're in luck, there is a huge list of recipes just waiting to be made.
As a subscriber to the Tropical Traditions Recipe Blog I had seen a recipe for Coconut Cream Hot Chocolate a while back that I just knew would appeal to a certain eight year old chocoholic in my home. That was the first thing we tried. His only critique was that it could do without the nutmeg, other than that, it was very yummy!
Next up, we made Coconut Peanut Butter Granola. Oh my goodness sakes, it is delicious and so stinking easy to make!! It's definitely going to be a staple around here, all the kids and Chris loved it!
Some other recipes that sound fantastic and are on our upcoming menu include Cilantro Coconut Pesto and Coconut Rosemary Meatloaf.
One thing to note about Coconut Cream Concentrate is that it takes a bit of forethought to use, especially in the chilly winter months. Since, like coconut oil, it is a solid at room temperature, it must be warmed to use. The oil in the concentrate all collects at the top of the jar, so you must put the jar in warm water until it is soft enough to stir the oil back into the coconut meat. It did take about 45 minutes of sitting in warm water for it to get soft enough to mix. Not a big deal, you just have to plan ahead.
Tropical Traditions also has a Referral Program, so if you place an order with them as a first-time customer, please select “Referred by a friend” and in the box that says “How did you hear of us?” enter my sponsor ID number 5643428. By telling Tropical Traditions that I referred you, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy with your first order! This book is filled with testimonies and research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how one can incorporate coconut into their diet.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.
As a subscriber to the Tropical Traditions Recipe Blog I had seen a recipe for Coconut Cream Hot Chocolate a while back that I just knew would appeal to a certain eight year old chocoholic in my home. That was the first thing we tried. His only critique was that it could do without the nutmeg, other than that, it was very yummy!
Next up, we made Coconut Peanut Butter Granola. Oh my goodness sakes, it is delicious and so stinking easy to make!! It's definitely going to be a staple around here, all the kids and Chris loved it!
Some other recipes that sound fantastic and are on our upcoming menu include Cilantro Coconut Pesto and Coconut Rosemary Meatloaf.
One thing to note about Coconut Cream Concentrate is that it takes a bit of forethought to use, especially in the chilly winter months. Since, like coconut oil, it is a solid at room temperature, it must be warmed to use. The oil in the concentrate all collects at the top of the jar, so you must put the jar in warm water until it is soft enough to stir the oil back into the coconut meat. It did take about 45 minutes of sitting in warm water for it to get soft enough to mix. Not a big deal, you just have to plan ahead.
Tropical Traditions also has a Referral Program, so if you place an order with them as a first-time customer, please select “Referred by a friend” and in the box that says “How did you hear of us?” enter my sponsor ID number 5643428. By telling Tropical Traditions that I referred you, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy with your first order! This book is filled with testimonies and research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how one can incorporate coconut into their diet.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.
2 comments:
Yummmm.........
Shoot, I'm not a first-time customer so I can't do the referral thing. Bummer. I've been ordering from them for a couple years now and I agree that they are wonderful.
hello courtney , i hope you have been well ..... my blogging journey is doing well .... i am truely learning about myself through my writings .....can you tell me how to become a sampler / referral person for this company ..... the main reason i ask is that i have a homebased business making organic granola and i would like to try this product ..... i have been on their website before and it is truely a living testimony of the LORD JESUS however i have not tried their coconut and my most popular brand of granola happens to be "CRAZY COCONUT "..... if you can let me know how to review the product i'd appreciate it thanks so much.....summer
Post a Comment