August 13, 2009

Time Flies

Time has been going crazy fast! It's already the middle of August. Some of the public schools around here start back NEXT WEEK! Where did the summer go?! There is still plenty of fun to be had here. :) We will be embarking on our annual camping trip next week and we are all SOOOO excited! An added treat along the way will be that we have the opportunity to meet and spend some time with two gals and their families that I've been getting to know online for quite some time now, Steph and Kristin.

Summer is not the only time racing by, Elle will be six months old tomorrow. :sniff: It seems like just yesterday we brought home that itty bitty teeny tiny bundle. Now we have a very busy and not so tiny bundle of smiles and energy. Every bit of her is growing and changing constantly.

One week she'll do nothing but blow bubbles until she has a bubble goatee....

...the next week she is poking out her lips and huffing and puffing through her nose. No reason... just because she can. :)

These little feet attached to spindly chicken legs

suddenly turned into these chubby ones when I turned my back one day.

At five months, three weeks she decided that lying around isn't good enough anymore, she is very happy being able to sit up and take in the world...
When she's not busy sitting up, it's all about her feet.
Elle's not the only one changing around here though. I am just amazed looking back at pictures how much all the kids have changed in the past six months. Ian in particular, he's grown up a lot. He's an absolute joy. I cherish the rare opportunities to spend time with just him. He's an absolute hoot. Always thinking and talking non-stop.
Thankfully, the mama is changing too! Everyone else can grow and I'll shrink, thank you very much! ;) I lost my pregnancy/fluid weight within a month, all 40lbs *gulp*. I've since been able to kick another 15 or so pounds that I gained during the stressful period when we were trying to conceive. I'd be most content to lose another 15. Don't you dare be doing all that math either! ;)

4 comments:

Tanya said...

And someday, Elle's chubby little feet will turn into beautiful lady feet and they will walk out the door and drive off to college. Sniff.....

Steph T said...

Yay!! Can't wait to see you!! :)

Carolina Girl said...

You look absolutely awesome!!! You have a very beautiful family.
I hope you are having a good time (or had a good time) camping. Post all about it when you get time.
Shellie

Sheri said...

Courtney, these pictures are fabulous!! You have such a beautiful family my dear sister in Christ! And, enjoy camping!