We had a wonderful time away. It was the longest trip we've taken in, well, in forever. Usually Chris isn't able to get away for more than a weekend so five days was a real treat. We drove up to the campground on Mille Lacs that I've been going to since I was itty bitty on Friday morning and stayed until Tuesday morning. While there, we swam, played cards, ate way too much, cruised around on golf carts, toasted s'mores, took naps, and had an all around relaxing time.
On Sunday, we were blessed with the opportunity to worship here with friends. We then spent the afternoon with my friends Steph and Kristin and their families. I "met" them in May '08 on a homeschool website and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them both. The kids, all 16 of them, the mamas, and the daddies had a fabulous time playing and chatting. It honestly was more like getting together with old friends than new ones. I feel like I've known these guys forever. If only we weren't separated by so many miles.
On our way home on Tuesday we made our standard, whenever we're in the cities, trip to the zoo. The animals are all still there and well. :) We also stopped at this really great little shop, The Green Goober. The kids would have been happy staying there all day.
Despite all the fun we had, we were all very happy to be home. Ellenie rarely napped while we were gone for fear she may miss something so she has slept for hours today. That is nice because I am working on the laundry mountain that seems to follow one home from a vacation. The older kids are enjoying their last few free days. School starts on Monday!
1 comment:
Man! I just noticed Levi is doing his typical "thing" in that picture. LOL
It was so fun to meet you all in person! I wish we lived closer and could plan get-togethers more often. At least if your camping is an annual thing, we can make a get-together an annual thing too! :)
And, 16 kids didn't really seem like that much, did it?!
Post a Comment