February 19, 2009

The Drama Continues

I just got home from the hospital... yes, again. I still hadn't stopped cramping/contracting after delivering and by yesterday it had become so bad that it seriously felt like I was in labor again. In addition, I came down with a fever. So, last night Chris and my mom made an executive decision that I would be going to the ER. I went kicking and screaming. I HATE the hospital and didn't want to go back and the ER is the most awfulest place in the whole building. After 3hrs, lots of tears and some positively AWFUL experiences, I was admitted with a uterine infection. My white blood cell count was over 17,000. 10,000 is normal so I was in pretty bad shape. From midnight until 2:00 this afternoon I was pumped full of ridiculous amounts of IV antibiotics and very possibly the worst part of all of this... I hadn't taken a shower since 7am yesterday morning. I'm the kind of person that just NEEDS to wash their hair everyday. It's very thin and straight and after 24hrs it's a greasy mess. Yuck. That's beside the point though. I'm home, full of drugs, and a prescription for even more. I hate drugs almost as much as hospitals and dirty hair. We picked up probiotics along with the prescription to try to undo some of the damage.

What we learned during our hospital stay... the ER is evil. Thankfully, my amazing doctor agrees. Actually, he said that the ER is for drunks. Well, then! We are now proud owners of his cell phone number so, in the event (God forbid) that I have any more troubles we should be able to get help straight away without jumping through hoops.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, Courtney! I am so sorry :( I had some kind of infection (they never did figure out what) after I had VJ. Same treatment though. I feel your pain!

Praying for a quick recovery. Also, since you didn't mention her at all, I assume Ellenie is doing great?

Tanya said...

Oh Courtney! How frustrating. Groan. I'll be praying for a quick recovery! (Don't take the probiotics until you are done taking the antibiotics.....but you probably already know that.)

Get better!

Steph T said...

I hope you are feeling 100% better soon!! Snuggle that babe. :)

Courtney said...

Thanks girls! I'm feeling SOOOO much better and yes, Elle is doing just great!

Anonymous said...

Courtney, Thank you so much for going to the ER. When dad & I arrived at your house that night, I wasn't so sure that we were going to get you to go in without putting you in the tractor bucket and hauling you. You look so much better now. Love ya,Mom