November 8, 2008

7 x 7



I put a new button over in my sidebar in an effort to remind you all and myself to pray for our kiddos and do it often. You can read more about it by clicking on the button, but here is a small excerpt from Angie's post:

I don't really care that much about whether or not my kids are book smart.

Let me explain.

I do care, I just don't care as much as I care about other things. I don't sit around and pray that my girls will learn to read today, or that they will understand a foreign language by the time they are 6, or that they will know their times table by next week. I do spend a lot of time asking God to give them "undivided hearts (Psalm 86:11), " and praying "that they will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel when they open their mouths (Ephesians 6:19)." I pray that God will help them to be good stewards of their time, their money, their words. I pray for their character, their faith, their decisions, their husbands. I want them to be wise, Godly women who chase after the Lord.
Children who chase after God's heart, pursuing holiness and making Him known wherever they go. That's what Chris and I want for our kids and I'm sure all you Christian parents can echo that desire for your own children.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Hey Courtney...

Too funny... I had already added the button to my blog before coming to yours. Very cool.