April 20, 2011

In Preparation

Re-posted from April 2009

Photo Credit


As much as I love the hustle and bustle of holidays, it really makes it hard to focus on what they are really about. Easter is no different. The stores are full of candy, the malls all have creepy looking men dressed as rabbits, eggs fly off the grocery shelves and every little girl has a fancy new dress and shiny shoes. But that's SOOO not what it's all about.

Last night, we had the privilege of attending the most powerful, heart wrenching Good Friday service I've ever been to at our favorite Twin Cities church, Sovereign Grace Fellowship. I can't encourage you enough to listen to the message audio. I'm not sure how long it is, maybe 20 minutes, but I guarantee it will be time very very well spent. If possible, go somewhere quiet, close your eyes, and just listen. It is unlike anything you have ever heard. This is why we celebrate Easter, why we have any hope in life at all.

1 comment:

A Slightly Better Wife said...

I found a quiet place, closed my eyes and just listened. So many times I would cringe at the pain Jesus endured, I would actually curl up in a ball, then I would weep. What a difference perspective makes. I am going to share this amazing story. Thank-you.