~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're in that crazy busy time of year here on the farm and it's just hard to feel motivated to blog when I'm missing Chris like crazy compounded by the enormity of all there is to do before baby #4 arrives in a few short weeks. The men were able to finish the last of the corn harvesting yesterday so things are winding down! Now, they just need to haul manure out to the field and get everything plowed. In some ways, I think that's even more difficult than harvesting the fields. They work much longer days and don't take breaks to pop in and say hello. Chris wasn't in from plowing until 1am this morning. He's planning on another long night tonight. :( Fortunately, in my opinion, rain is being forecast for almost the next week so things will come to a standstill in the field for a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Depending on who you ask, I am now 33-35 weeks along in this pregnancy. Did you get feelings with your pregnancies about when you'd deliver? I just kind of feel like this one will come some time between Thanksgiving and the 1st of December which is about five more weeks. Who knows though, they come when they're ready, right?
Due to the crazy small size Elle was when she was born, I've been having regular ultrasounds to chart this baby's growth. It's growing great! As of the last one, last week, baby was 4lbs 12oz already! Crazy to think it's bigger than big sister was at birth already. It's probably safe to say that before long, they'll be the same size since Elle is still just a tiny peanut.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm pretty overwhelmed about everything I'd like to get done before the baby arrives. I'm doing well on Christmas shopping, so that's a huge thing out of the way. I've done pretty much all of it online. With sales, free shipping, and the savings of gas and lunch to actually GO shopping, it's certainly a money {and sanity} saver shopping from home!
There's one rather large Christmas gift project that Chris has agreed to undertake. This amazing wood toy kitchen. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. That's Ellenie's big gift for this year. Then we'll just do some little pots and pans and play food to finish things out for her. I hope she likes it. :) Audrey will be getting a new American Girl Bitty Baby as her big gift. I know she'll love that. Ian loves all things Lego so he's getting some Lego stuff. He's also been wanting to redecorate his room, so we got some BMX wall art. Both the big kids are getting new Bibles. We have the old ESV children's Bible, but next month they are coming out with one called Seek and Find. It has discussion questions and all kinds of cool stuff in it. Plus, it will be available in blue and purple tru-tone so they'll each have their own purdy Bible. Very cool. As for the babe, well, there's not a whole lot a new babe needs especially when it's the fourth child. I did splurge and buy something that surprises even me. I bought the wildly popular {insanely expensive} Sophie Giraffe. Granted, I would never pay the retail price of $24 for this glorified dog toy, but it was still more than I've ever paid for a baby chew toy. I just hope the kid likes it! Another splurge for the baby were some of these beautiful hand-dyed burp cloths off Etsy. I had purchased some for my nephew Levi when he was born and they are so vibrant and fun so I wanted a couple for my baby as well.
How is your Christmas shopping going? Have you started yet?
There's one rather large Christmas gift project that Chris has agreed to undertake. This amazing wood toy kitchen. I'm really excited to see how it turns out. That's Ellenie's big gift for this year. Then we'll just do some little pots and pans and play food to finish things out for her. I hope she likes it. :) Audrey will be getting a new American Girl Bitty Baby as her big gift. I know she'll love that. Ian loves all things Lego so he's getting some Lego stuff. He's also been wanting to redecorate his room, so we got some BMX wall art. Both the big kids are getting new Bibles. We have the old ESV children's Bible, but next month they are coming out with one called Seek and Find. It has discussion questions and all kinds of cool stuff in it. Plus, it will be available in blue and purple tru-tone so they'll each have their own purdy Bible. Very cool. As for the babe, well, there's not a whole lot a new babe needs especially when it's the fourth child. I did splurge and buy something that surprises even me. I bought the wildly popular {insanely expensive} Sophie Giraffe. Granted, I would never pay the retail price of $24 for this glorified dog toy, but it was still more than I've ever paid for a baby chew toy. I just hope the kid likes it! Another splurge for the baby were some of these beautiful hand-dyed burp cloths off Etsy. I had purchased some for my nephew Levi when he was born and they are so vibrant and fun so I wanted a couple for my baby as well.
How is your Christmas shopping going? Have you started yet?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another huge to-do project hanging over my head is to complete the changing of the bedrooms. Ellenie has been in mommy and daddy's room for the entirety of her 20 months. Well, needless to say, it's time for that to change. We've been in the process of painting and redecorating our shared space to make it her room. For the most part, all of that is done and it is so.cute. All that is left is to get our bed out of there. However, that can't be done yet because a)I can't exactly move a bed downstairs myself and my husband is slightly preoccupied at the moment and b)we are moving into my old sewing room - which is a complete disaster. A while back I got all my 100s of yards of fabric packed away in plastic tubs, but there is still so.much.STUFF. in there. It's such a hard thing to tackle because of a certain 2.5ft "helper". When she naps we do school and once she goes to bed at night I more or less crash. It really NEEDS to get done though. I know I'll feel much more prepared once it is.
Another huge to-do project hanging over my head is to complete the changing of the bedrooms. Ellenie has been in mommy and daddy's room for the entirety of her 20 months. Well, needless to say, it's time for that to change. We've been in the process of painting and redecorating our shared space to make it her room. For the most part, all of that is done and it is so.cute. All that is left is to get our bed out of there. However, that can't be done yet because a)I can't exactly move a bed downstairs myself and my husband is slightly preoccupied at the moment and b)we are moving into my old sewing room - which is a complete disaster. A while back I got all my 100s of yards of fabric packed away in plastic tubs, but there is still so.much.STUFF. in there. It's such a hard thing to tackle because of a certain 2.5ft "helper". When she naps we do school and once she goes to bed at night I more or less crash. It really NEEDS to get done though. I know I'll feel much more prepared once it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We celebrated another birthday since the last time I posted. My "baby" girl Audrey is now seven. I can hardly believe that. *sigh* They grow up SO FAST. We had a fun party with all her grandmas and grandpas coming to spoil and celebrate with her. Once again she chose a fall farm theme. If any of the kids grows up to be a farmer or to marry one, it will surely be her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, if anyone is reading they are surely bored out of their mind by now. Hopefully I'll get back to post again sooner rather than later so I don't get so windy next time!
1 comment:
Busy busy busy!!!! We just put Sam in Ethan's room and it's so weird having the bedroom back to ourselves. There's so much room without that baby bed in there!
I hope you get everything done that you want before Baby comes! If you need me to take the kids to help out, just let me know. :)
Post a Comment