So, if you are ever in need of a baby gift for someone or if you want to try out babywearing for yourself I cannot recommend a woven wrap highly enough! They are a bit more spendy than the more mainstream Snuglis and things, but they are SO much more versatile and you can get them used on Craigslist and some other places like I did. I haven't branched out much as far as positions because it seems like I'm always frantically tying her on as she's screaming at the top of her lungs, but I did tie Audrey on my back just for the fun of it. I think that that will be a great carry this summer when we're out and about so Elle can check out the world.
Here are some action shots. Forgive my self portrait. The poor lighting, fuzziness and the lack of hair and makeup leave much to be desired. I've figured out how to set the timer on my camera, but that doesn't mean I can take a good picture.
3 comments:
What? No hair?? LOL I thought you looked beautiful :)
Another option for those looking for a wrap would be to check out sales at Joann's or in the fabric/craft section at Walmart. Just buy 5 yards of fabric. Most are wide enough you can cut them in half and have 2 wraps! One for the house, and one for the car (because I, for one, am always forgetting things like that when I leave the house).
Good point, Kristin. I thought about doing that, but decided that I'd rather pay a few extra dollars to have one ready made in my mail box than to haul the kiddos down to JoAnn's(which they HATE), wade through the fabric, cut the fabric, hem the fabric, etc, etc. In addition to that, I had never seen a wrap IRL so I didn't really know what kind of fabric I was looking for. Now that I know I may make another one or two in different colors and keep one in the car for exactly the reason you stated... I forget. I actually forgot when we went to the grocery just the other day and by the time the car seat was in the cart we had no room for groceries.
Aren't those baby-carriers wonderful!?!. I love all of mine. I heard of one lady who cut up old sheets and used that fabric for carriers.
Post a Comment