May 8, 2011
Name that lid
I had a fun day shopping our city-wide garage sales with my mom yesterday. There were many deals to be had. I scored a practically new(used one time) 12 cup stoneware muffin pan for a small fraction of it's price. I was also able to add to my growing collection of old canning jars. The wire bale lid jars below are nice, but the most fun find was the jar shown above. It was in a box of other newer blue jars and zinc lids. It jumped out at me because as you can see, the lid screws right down on to the shoulder rather than onto a bead. You can also see that it's a 3L Balll. A quick look at the Ball site shows that this style was made between 1896-1910. I purchased it with a zinc lid, but it's clearly not the one that belongs with it as it doesn't fit properly. Does anyone know what lid should belong with it?
Aside from the beauty of old jars, I love thinking about all the women who have handled them. Washing them in basins long ago and filling them each season with their garden's bounty. Isn't that cool to think about?! I think so. I'm a dork like that though. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's not dorky to think that way. It's wonderful to think beyond ourselves.....
Those are some GREAT finds. Good for you! :)
Post a Comment