May 17, 2011

Baked Chocolate Cake Donuts

Nothing screams Saturday morning like donuts. As a child my dad would often take us to the bakery to pick out donuts. Such fond memories. :)



Yummy Baked Chocolate Cake Donuts

1 cup coconut flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sucanat
12 eggs
1 cup milk
2 T vanilla
1 cup TOTAL coconut oil and/or butter, melted (I used 1/2 each)

Mix flour, cocoa, soda, and salt. Whisk together everything else. Slowly add wet to dry while whisking. Coconut is very thirsty, so you may need a bit more milk to make the batter pourable. Carefully pour into donut mold, I use this one. Bake at 350 for about 15min. I honestly don't know how many this made. They were being eaten so fast that I lost track. I think it was about 5 dozen.

My plan is to use a chocolate glaze and sprinkle them with coconut, nuts, etc. I tried overfilling some of them so they didn't have a hole and those I put strawberries in. Yumm!!

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Woohoo!!!! Good for you guys.....so excited for ya! :)

Christy said...

Oooh, looks yummy! Do you think this would work in a muffin tin?

Courtney said...

Christy, I definitely think that a muffin tin would work. After all, a donut is kind of just a fun shaped muffin! Mini muffins would be like a donut hole. :)

a joyful noise said...

You may be interested in entering some of your posts with a recipe at Ann Kroeker’s, Food on Fridays at http://annkroeker.com/
Your donuts sound like something others would enjoy!

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said...

Those look so yummy and I don't even like chocolate! wink!! :)

Jestti said...

Do they taste "egg-y"? That's a lot of eggs! I really want to try them! :)