May 12, 2010

10wk Ramble

I'm 10 weeks along today. This is the first day I haven't felt like I needed a nap by 10am. This is also the first day I haven't thought I was going to throw up. I haven't actually thrown up at all, I fight it like crazy. I do not like vomit. Eww... I'm not nauseous at all, I think the main source of my feeling throw-uppy has been this dumb cold that will NOT leave. It's been a good month now and it's still hanging on. It's mostly just some post nasal drippiness that makes me cough and cough and cough... until I nearly vomit. It's a vicious cycle. I've been drinking lots of tea with honey and lemon and popping Vit C tablets like candy. Perhaps it's finally starting to pay off. Back to being 10 weeks - I'm not showing even the tiniest bit. Actually, right before I found out I was pregnant, I was ready to move down to the next size jeans(yay me!!). Needless to say, I couldn't justify that, so I've just been making do with my too big britches. Surely with this being #4, those too big jeans will fit before too long and be too tight before I know it. It's strange this time around. When we found out we were expecting Elle after trying FOR-E-VER I couldn't wait to look pregnant and wear maternity clothes. ughh... not now. I'm hoping I can hold out for another 4-6 weeks. It seems like I just got out of maternity clothes. The ticker down at the bottom of my blog says that little bean is 1.5" long now. Factor in the growing placenta, all the fluid, etc. and certainly the "bump" will develop before too long.

2 comments:

Summer said...

CONGRATULATIONS COURTNEY !! HOPE YOU ARE SOON FEELING BETTER

Kristin said...

I've been wondering how you've been feeling. Did you get rid of the post-nasal drip? I finally started taking a benadryl before bed every night. It helped me feel better in the morning.