April 27, 2010

Catch-up and food.

Wow, it's been almost a month since I blogged! We've been busy around here. Without messing with the formality of paragraphs, here's a taste of what's been occupying my time.

*The kids and I are working on wrapping up the school year. We had our last day of homeschool co-op yesterday. I can't wait for summer!
*Chris and I recently attended our state home educator's conference, it was fantastic!
*Unfortunately, we picked up a nasty sore throat/yucky cough bug somewhere and have been passing that around the house.
*Spring field and garden work is in full swing. We've got cute little pea plants and lettuce poking their heads up out in the garden.
*I've been feeling pretty good. I'm not sick at all. I'm tired, but that can be attributed to being up with a snot nosed teething toddler who just needs to make sure I'm still there every.single.hour of the night.
*I get to peak in on the little bean later on today when I go for the dating ultrasound.


Also, I wanted to direct your attention to a blog post I've been meaning to write, but clearly am not. Lucky for me, someone else said pretty much exactly what I wanted to say about my favorite highly controversial subject - food. I love food, I really do. I love food even more now that it doesn't come from a box in our house. I love that my kids are learning how food is made, seeing me combine ingredients and watching those ingredients transform into things most kids think come "from the store". I love that they're meeting the cows that provide our most delicious wholesome raw milk and getting their hands in the dirt where later this summer a bounty of vegetables will spring forth. Food isn't just something we consume because it tastes good or it keeps our tummies full, the food we make and eat is bringing us closer as a family and nourishing us from the inside out. That makes this mama happy. :)

3 comments:

melanie said...

Good for you to be away from the computer actually living life with your family =)
And thanks for the link "Eat Real Food" -- that was a fun blog to browse.
Now back to my required writing project...

Steph T said...

Glad to hear from you! I am glad that you are not sick. I feel so bad for Kristin. :(

Kristin said...

Glad you are feeling good! Can't wait to hear what your u/s says... mine put me about a week behind where I KNOW I am (Dec. 6 rather than Nov. 28), which is actually a blessing. It means if we decide that financially we have to deliver in the hospital I'll have a whole extra week before they start bugging me about inducing, etc.

The Zofran is helping a little, but I'm still really tired! At least when I'm up and about I don't constantly feel like I'm going to throw up!

Love you!
~k

P.S. Thanks for your sympathy, Steph ")