January 13, 2010

Apron or not?


I love aprons. I think they are adorable and functional and fun. I love making them. However, I never wear them. I don't even own one. Audrey has a couple I have made that she wears often.

My question, do you do aprons? Why or why not? I would like to adopt the tradition of donning an apron. I think it may look silly over my pajamas though. I so didn't just say that. I would never wear my pajamas all day long. Definitely not.

If I do decide to be more homemakerly and wear an apron as I flit about looking fabulous changing diapers, washing dishes, and feeding my brood, this is the one I want to wear. Isn't it darling? I'm not sure what fabrics I would use. No doubt something very eclectic and Olive Juice-esque.

12 comments:

Jodi aka One Blessed Mama said...

I LOVE aprons! Check my blog in a few minutes please.. Love ya!

Tanya said...

I like aprons......but only if they are also worn with the 50's style skirts. Since I don't dress that way, I don't wear aprons often. (Can you hear me laughing?)

I made an apron once and there it sits, in the kitchen drawer, sad and lonely.

Jae said...

I don't wear aprons, but I want one.
Do you sell yours?

Jessa said...

Yes, I wear an apron, and I love it! It's akin to playing dress-up, and makes any job more fun!

Courtney said...

@JaeAna - I have sold children's aprons in my Etsy shop, but never an adult one. If I did, I would totally be proposing a swap. Your jewelery is lovely! I just hearted you. :)

Steph T said...

Ok, yes, it would look strange over your pajamas. :) But that apron is beautiful!! I am a very messy cook, so I would love to have an apron to wear, even if it's only while I'm baking bread (I'm the worst with flour). Got an apron for my mixer? There's always a huge mess around it, too! LOL

Autumn said...

I do wear aprons sometimes when I cook. The ones I have are NOT cute, but it beats splattering my pajamas... umm.. I mean.. clothes... :)

Jess said...

I sometimes click 'next blog' on the top of my own blog and stumble on to other blogs that peak my interest. Anyhow, this morning I found yours and I just wanted to share a link.

I found a cute book at my local library just before Christmas. The writer, Amy Karol, has written two books that have cute and inspiring ideas for beginning and expert sewers. She has a particular section on her blog (and in her Bend the Rules Sewing book) about aprons. Check it out!

http://angrychicken.typepad.com/tieoneon/

PS I love aprons, and wear one often.

Courtney said...

@Jess - thanks for stopping by. I also enjoy The Angry Chicken. Amy Karol has inspired my sewing many times. :)

Kristin said...

I never wear aprons... mostly because I forget to put one on until I've already spilled on myself. LOL At that point I figure, why bother? The one you posted is adorable!! Maybe I'd be more likely to put that on than I am to put on my old Pampered Chef consultant apron. ") I vote, start wearing one!

Summer said...

well as for me i feel that aprons are the best thing since sliced bread itself ....... as a matter of fact i have several different kinds from a really frilly pink one to a retro red on to a pair of matching handmade ones that my grandaughter and i wear whenever we are cooking ..... i also have a big demand for them when we hold our "BARN CHICKS" BIG RED BARN SALE SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR ......THE LADIES GO CRAZY FOR THESE NOSTALGIC NICETIES.... I WILL ATTEMPT TO MAKE ONE OR TWO THIS SPRING

Heidi ThePainter said...

I love aprons and wear them daily! I have made a few and bought a few.
My favorite is one I made out of a dishtowel from Anthropolgie, a couple of handkerchiefs and a bunch of random ribbon pieces.