January 7, 2010

Digital Scrapping... or something

I love playing around with digital art whether it's making cards, invites for a party, or new shop banners. I suppose it's similar to digital scrapbooking.


I feel dreadfully limited by what I have to work with in Microsoft Publisher though. Are any of you into this kind of thing?? How do people do all the cool lettering and fun "stuff"? What programs, websites, etc do you use? Any tips would be much appreciated! :)

Here's my latest tinkering.

*personal details changed


4 comments:

Steph T said...

Oh I am so with you on the limitations of Microsoft Publisher!! You are doing great, though! There is no way I could afford adobe photoshop, nevermind have time for the classes I would have to take just to learn how to use it, but I have heard good things about Photoshop Elements. As a former Creative Memories consultant (and a lover of their products), I think their program storybook creator is good. The free version has major limitations, but the purchased version is more liberal (I think even allowing you to print pictures without using their printing service, but I'm not sure). I used to attend a mom's group with the creator of the software, who still markets her own version, but I can't remember her website name right now...ugh!

Tanya said...

Creative Memories stuff is the only thing I have ever used for digital scrapping. I like Publisher, too. So, I am no help at all. Sorry.

Jessa said...

I love the creative outlet of cutting, glueing, etc. of actual scrapbooking... BUT I have looked into digital scrapbooking so that I can "catch up" on the many, many photos that quickly go UNscrapbooked!

Is Storybook Creator really a *free* downloadable program?! Seems like there must be a catch! I'm giving it a try, though.

Courtney - Can you believe your baby's almost one?! How neat that her birthday is Valentine's Day! <3

Jessa said...

me again. The download didn't work! It was just a bunch of mumble-jumble. Is in not compatible with Mac computers? I guess I didn't read the fine print...
:-/