December 23, 2009

Me?? A Procrastinator??

Never! :p Well, maybe just a little. Okay, okay, I admit, it's a way of life. It's the way I've been as long as I can remember. Putting finishing touches on projects the day they were due and finishing homework assignments real quick before the teacher collected papers. Call me crazy, but I seem to do my best work when the pressure is on thick. Even now, I'm embarrassed to admit that more often than not I hold off on starting customer orders until well into the 7-14 day time frame I allow for custom orders.

Well, in about 40 hours I need to have a considerable amount of sewing done {I haven't even started} so that I can give each of my four nieces a little number similar to this one:


Oh yes, and then there are also the shirts I need to make for my nephews. I have started those, but they need some finishing touches. They don't have to be done until Saturday though. That's three days away, practically an eternity. {grin}

So, me and this ol' gal will be spending the cold, snowy night together. I will get done. I always do. Even if it does mean that I'm finishing ribbon ends while Chris is getting all the kids loaded in the car Christmas morning.


How about you? Are you a procrastinator? Or have you had all of your creating and gift buying done for weeks?

6 comments:

Steph T said...

Me? Nah...I have a BETTER excuse now, LOL. ;) Ok, ok, I wish I didn't have the excuse I have. I do need to get some sewing AND shopping done, but because I procrastinated when I actually felt better, ahem, well now I'm paying the price. :P I'm sure you are going to do great. Remember to take pictures--that is one mighty cute apron!! Bernie is going to love seeing you...I hope she is a good girl and doesn't act up at all. :)

Autumn said...

I bought my stocking stuffers today!

Tanya said...

I'm a recovering procrastinator. I go to PA (Procrastinators Anonymous). :P

As far as Christmas goes.....it helps that all my siblings and siblings-in-law have agreed not to get presents for each other or each other's children. It makes the holidays so much more enjoyable.

melanie said...

hahahaha -- Professional Procrastinator here. (Also like to bite off more than I can chew?)

I should be upstairs sewing NOW! instead of catching up with blogs. =) I had to eliminate some of my projects (postpone more like) - and replace with a new idea yesterday. Just a couple easy things to start/finish today. Um, and then get back to the kitchen...

Jessa said...

I'll be up late tonight, finishing up knitting my mother-in-law's second sock! And baking cookies for stocking stuffers. And wrapping presents. Anything else I'm forgetting??

Dawn said...

That apron is GORGEOUS! Are those POCKETS on the front??? So cute! You're talented. I don't sew, but that apron makes me wish I could. =)