July 2, 2009

Help Needed

We've been giving serious thought to naming our school. Unfortunately, I'm at a complete loss. Any ideas? Do y'all have names for your home schools? I'd like to think of one and stick with it for the long haul so something that will sound professional on a high school diploma would be best.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Most people I know use their last name and then end it with "School" or "Academy" - like 'Johnson School' or 'Martin Academy.' Since you are teaching your kiddos Latin, maybe you could take a Latin word that means something special to you guys and end it with School or Academy?

Steph T said...

We didn't name our school...yet...Mitch only gives out silly name ideas. :P Ok, that's not true. He gave the name "Good Soil" to our daycare (borrowing from the parable of the sower). I've been really, really tempted to use that for our school too.

TrueFemininity said...

I just came across your blog today and wanted to comment on this. I'm a homeschool graduate, and I would recommend naming it something normal (like Tanya suggested), or at least really thinking through all possible meanings of the name. My mom named our homeschool ABBA's house (As in abba father), but everyone thought it had to do with the singing group popular in the 70s! I had to write that on multiple forms as I was applying for college, and still have to today when I fill out job or volunteer applications.

Peggy said...

Hey there, you’ve blogged about The Jesus Storybook Bible in the past and we want to give you the exciting opportunity to help us celebrate the release of the Deluxe Edition this October! All throughout September we’ll be sending updates about ways you can win copies of the Deluxe Edition (which features the entire Jesus Storybook Bible read by award-winning British actor, David Suchet) and free resources you can share with others! To register for these updates and exclusive information, visit here http://fs18.formsite.com/zondervan/form475219780/ and sign up!
Sincerely,
Zonderkidz Marketing