July 11, 2009

Adding to the family

No, not a baby. ; ) The kid's each have a new kitty though. We have lots and lots of barn cats, but these two are special. They came from a neighboring farm(new genetics, woohoo!) and have been wormed and had all their shots so they won't get gross distemper and all that nastiness. Audrey(with much persuasion from Grandma Lu) named hers Lewis. Ian's is called Ringneck for the white band that runs around it's neck.
These two new little ones are proving to be wonderful tools of sanctification for Daddy. :) In the past two days, Lewis has run away a couple times and has had to be removed from trees three times. It has also been really good for Ian to have to take care of his cat. He has an unnatural fear of cats. Not sure why, but it's really tough for him for whatever reason.

Chris teaching Ian how to hold his cat without getting scratched.
He managed to stop freaking out long enough to smile for me.
Audrey's such a little mama. She cradles her's like a baby and bounces and shushes it.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Awww... how cute!

And, I wanted to add an amen and a hallelujah about having a larger bathroom before the kids are teens! But, Alex is already 11, so it's looking less and less likely...

Steph T said...

Ohhhhh I love kitties!! They are so cute. :) That's the one pet I think I could do again. Well, maybe. LOL