What kinds of things do you get through your
buying club? It's a question I get quite often so I thought I'd share. Believe it or not, there is very little I need to go to the grocery store to buy. Instead I rely heavily on my monthly food delivery. Of course I don't buy all these things each month. Many of them I get in large quantities to save money and then they last us for many months. If Azure Standard delivers in your area I highly recommend you try them out. Here are some of our favorite Azure products...
 |
| A fairly typical order - 25lbs oats, 50lbs hard white wheat, 5lbs soft white wheat, 20lbs apples salt, peanut butter, frozen berries, garlic, ginger, lemons, baking powder, cinnamon, cumin, celery, avocados, carrots, onions, maple syrup, 5lbs cheese, 2lbs butter, sour cream, fermented cod liver oil, dish soap, bac-out, 5 gal bucket and gamma seal lid for bulk food storage. |
- Raw Cheddar Cheese - I use this for almost everything. It's one way I simplify my kitchen. We use about 5lbs a month. Some of it I grate for lasagna or mac & cheese, the rest I slice. When properly wrapped it will keep for a couple months.
- Wheat Berries - I grind all my own flour. The mill was an investment, but with the amount of flour you use in making everything from scratch it definitely pays for itself in the long run. I buy hard white wheat for most baking including bread and cookies. I also keep some soft white wheat on hand for pie crusts and more delicate pastry items.
- Raw Honey - Honey is a wonderful natural sweetener with antibacterial and healing properties. I use it in baking, with my tea, on toast, and for so many other things.
- Oats - From breakfast to cookies, oats are a kitchen staple.
- Buckwheat - For our favorite soaked pancakes.
- Butter
- RealSalt
- Produce - Apples, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Onions, Potatoes, etc. The selection changes with the seasons.
- Laundry Detergent - Azure isn't just for food!
- Peanut Butter
- Bac-Out - I LOVE Bac-Out and Azure has the best price I've found.
- Spices
- etc...
There are many many more items that we order through Azure Standard, but I think you get the idea. Azure really does carry just about anything you'd need. I have found that the prices are really good too, oftentimes they have organic items for less than what conventional would be at the grocery. There are a couple things that I can get for slightly less at the store, but for me not having to load up children, find a parking spot, wait in line, and so on is worth more than a few pennies.
Do you bulk shop? If so, what are some of your favorite items to buy?
No comments:
Post a Comment