The baby is easy peasy, it's the little mama that we seemed to gain overnight that is keeping us on our toes. "I hold her." is heard often as Elle tries to hoist Emie up from wherever she happens to be. "She pooped!" is another favorite while proceeding to rip all the clothes off her little sister. Yesterday it was "I'n share." Lucky for Emelia I looked over in time to stop the kind offering of crackers being thrust at her.
To make matters more exciting, our 23 month old has decided to resume the potty learning she started herself on this summer. As incredibly verbal as she is, she prefers to strip all her clothes off when she needs to go rather than just telling me. Conveniently, her favorite time to need to go is just after I sit down to nurse Emelia. Fun times!
Thankfully we have kept up wonderfully with our school work so we won't have to worry about working into the summer. Ian and Audrey are both doing great. It's so fun to see their sponge brains soak up anything and everything.
Hopefully soon I can figure out how to manage things around here more effectively so that I can serve three meals a day, guard the life of our newest member, take a toddler to the potty 1400 times, do school and spend time with the big kids, keep up with the housework and laundry {oh my heavens the laundry six people can generate!}, AND shower every day. Until then, we'll just go with the flow and enjoy life. :)

6 comments:
You're doing awesome, Courtney! :)
I've been wondering how you were doing! They are adorable, congrats again :)
The laundry for a fam of six is insane, isn't it!?! I do 2-3 loads every.single.day and I'm never caught up.
I think life stays crazy for as long as we have children in our home.
But, a blessed craziness. Sometimes the meals are going to be very simple. I am so thankful for great kitchen tools like a rice cooker and a crockpot..and a blender for smoothies. And some days ( the tired days, which can be alot sometimes) if we get bible done, a load of laundry and a drainer pan of dishes and something ( usually a chicken or a roast with little prep) in the crock for supper then that is satisfactory. In between what seems little is ALOT. Take time to hold your baby, that is far more important than trying to keep up, those days are gone in a flash. And playing and reading to the kids..when you are oeverwhelmed forget the rest and do that.. talking to me, too...
Sonia
I think you're doing an amazing job being a mama of 4 and a wife to your hubby.
Laundry and housework are SO overrated, so don't let them overwhelm you. ;)
Your little Ellenie Grace makes me smile. Enjoy her while she's little. I have a feeling her and Emie are going to be best of friends in no time.
YOU ARE SO VERY BUSY AND YET SO VERY BLESSED .....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND REMEMBER , TIME SPENT WITH YOUR LITTLE ONES CAN NEVER BE REPLACED AND WILL SHOW UP IN WAYS YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE .....SLEEP WELL TOO ( WHENEVER YOU CAN )
Post a Comment