May 2, 2009

Update

Elle is 11 weeks old today. It seems like just last week that we brought our tiny little bundle home. It's crazy how fast time goes, I'm already wanting to keep her little for just a while longer. However, it seems that she wants to race ahead at an unusually fast pace.

The general rule of thumb in baby growth is that they are to double their birth weight around five months. So, if I did my math correctly, that would be 9lbs 14oz for our little peanut. It's looking like she's going to be double by three months! Today she weighed in at 9lbs 8oz and is 21.75in tall.

I realized this afternoon that I really don't have any pictures since right after she was born with just the two of us. I guess that's what happens when I'm always the one BEHIND the camera. So, here's an 11 week picture of Ellenie and mommy. At first she looked just like daddy, but I think she's starting to look more like mama, what do you think?

3 comments:

Steph T said...

She's so adorable and you look fantastic!! It's hard to believe...Tirzah's going to pass up both Elle and Jericho (Kristin's baby) in no time I bet! =D Well, definitely Elle!

Tanya said...

Yes, I agree, she looked like Daddy when she was born and now she looks like you.

And whoever made up that general rule about babies doubling their birth weight around 5 months forgot to send that memo to all of my babies. They doubled their birth weight around 2 months and were 20 pounds at 5 months. Gigantic beasts.....I'm glad they were little when they came out.

Sheri said...

Precious and beautiful!